Friday, January 18, 2013

Wow! An update

I have completely neglected this blog and have been posting short updates on Facebook.  Bad me.  So, I'll post a brief summary of what has been going on over the last 5 months.

***I'm pregnant!***

The contract was signed.  I started my medications in September.  We did the embryo transfer on October 17th.  Two embryos were transferred but only one took.  I've had a fairly smooth and easy pregnancy so far.  I'm currently 16 weeks and my worst symptom has been fatigue and even that hasn't been that bad.  My estimated due date is early Julyish.  The baby is now referred to as Bubble.  We've gotten to hear Bubble's heartbeat, and had an early ultrasound done for dating.  In February, we will have our big anatomy scan.  The intended parents wish to find out the gender so we'll be finding out then.

I've started midwifery school, have volunteered to help out with the Human Milk 4 Human Babies - Georgia page, started a wet nursing group on Facebook, started a group for surrogates and those interested in becoming surrogates, am working on some FAQs about surrogacy and working on a birth planning template that incorporates surrogates and intended parents. I'm definitely staying busy but all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment